Senior Living in Blum, Texas
Top zip codes in Blum, TX: 76627
- Blum scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Blum scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lake Whitney Medical Center).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Park Plaza Nursing Home, Country Club Retirement Comm, and Town Hall Estates Health Care Facility - Whitney.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake Whitney Golf & Tennis Club, White Bluff Resort(The New Course at White Bluff Resort), and Pat Cleburne Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Chisholm Trail Park, Kimball Bend Park, and Plowman Creek Park.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (First Baptist Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.66% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,422, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,796, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,735, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,180 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $56,575 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $7,800 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,449 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.37%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 5% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blum receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Blum has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Blum has a very sparse population density of 18.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blum have a very long daily commute time.
- Blum has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 68.49%.