Senior Living in Blythe, Georgia
Top zip codes in Blythe, GA: 30805
- Blythe scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Blythe scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Medical College Of Ga Hospitals And Clinics and Dwight D Eisenhower Army Cntr).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Savannah Square Personal Care Home, Keysville Nursing Home and Rehab Center, and Haven of Hope Services, Inc..
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Gordon Lakes Golf Course, Three Oaks Golf Course, and Pointe South Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Mount Moriah Campgrounds, Harlem City Park, and Jamestown Park.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Blythe Baptist Church, Hephzibah Church of God, and Crossroads Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,009, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,063, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,682, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $26,400 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,175 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,235 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.36%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blythe receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Blythe has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Blythe has a very sparse population density of 77.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blythe have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Blythe has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.63%.