Senior Living in Blytheville, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Blytheville, AR: 72315
- Blytheville scores lower than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Blytheville scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Great River Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Reliance Health Care Management, Heritage Square Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Elmcroft of Blytheville.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Blytheville Municipal Golf Course, 18-Hole Course at Thunder Bayou Golf Links, and Blytheville Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Williams Park, Arkansas Game & Fish Comm, and Big Lake Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Southside Church of Christ, Northside Church of Christ, and Agape Fellowship Ministries.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,146, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $34,782, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,912, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,750 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,138 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,420 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,347 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.30%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blytheville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Blytheville has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Blytheville has a very sparse population density of 95.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blytheville have a very short daily commute time.
- Blytheville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.77%.