Senior Living in Blythewood, South Carolina
Top zip codes in Blythewood, SC: 29016
- Blythewood scores higher than the South Carolina average of 72.
- Blythewood scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including W S Hall Psychiatric Institute, G Werber Bryan Psychiatric Hsp, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 68 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mary\'s Residential Care Facility, Country Comfort CRCF, and Carsons Community Care.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Lakeside Course at Columbia Country Club, Golf Club of South Carolina at Crickentree, The, and Black/Garnet Course at University Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Little Cedar Creek Campground, North Springs Park, and Sesquicentennial State Park.
- There are 45 churches in or near the city, including Sandy Level Baptist Church, Little Zion Baptist Church, and Mt Zion Baptist Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 50 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.61%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $94,360, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,297, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,625, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,800 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,015 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,625 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.36%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Blythewood receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Blythewood has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Blythewood has a sparse population density of 190.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Blythewood have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Blythewood has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.99%.