Senior Living in Boalsburg, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Boalsburg, PA: 16827
- Boalsburg scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Boalsburg scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Meadows Psychiatric Center, Mount Nittany Medical Center, and J C Blair Memorial Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Juniper Village At Brookline-Rehabilitation And Sk, Foxdale Village, and Hearthside Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 82 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including State College Elks Country Club, The Eighteen Hole Course at Centre Hills Country Club, and Blue Course at Penn State Golf Courses.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Bear Meadows Natural Area, Penn-Roosevelt State Park, and Rothrock State Forest.
- There are 65 churches in or near the city, including Zion Lutheran Church, Lev Y\'Shua Messianic Congrgtn, and St John\'s United Church-Christ.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 49 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $98,763, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $69,200, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,413, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,961 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,430 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.37%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boalsburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Boalsburg has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Boalsburg has a sparse population density of 227.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boalsburg have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Boalsburg has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.65%.