Senior Living in Boaz, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Boaz, KY: 42027
- Boaz scores significantly higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Boaz scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Lourdes Hospital and Western Baptist Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including McCracken Nursing and Rehabilitation, Morningside of Paducah, and Jackson Oaks.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 90 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Midtown Golf Course, Paxton Park Golf Course, and Rolling Hills Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Victory RV Park & Campground, Duck Creek RV Park, and Lone Oak Park.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including Melber Church of Christ, Pottsville Church of Christ, and Folsomdale Church of Christ.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.21% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.60% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,031, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,688, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,097, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,693 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.80%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boaz receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Boaz has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Boaz has a very sparse population density of 50.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boaz have a short daily commute time.
- Boaz has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.82%.