Senior Living in Bobtown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bobtown, PA: 15315
- Bobtown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bobtown scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including West Virginia University Hospitals, Monongalia County General Hospital, and Healthsouth Mountainview Hosp.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Madison Center, Golden LivingCenter - Morgantown, and Sundale Rehabilitation/Long Term Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 74 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Carmichaels Golf Club, Meadow Ponds Golf Course, and Mountaineer Golf & Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Friendship Hill National Historic Site, Mt. Morris Trailer Park, and US Forestry Department.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including Cornerstone C & MA Church, Point Marion United Methodist, and Jacobs Lutheran Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.77% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,722, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,929, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,074, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.95%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bobtown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bobtown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bobtown has an average population density of 586.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bobtown have a very long daily commute time.
- Bobtown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.66%.