Senior Living in Bogue Chitto, Mississippi
Top zip codes in Bogue Chitto, MS: 39629
- Bogue Chitto scores higher than the Mississippi average of 68.
- Bogue Chitto scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (King\'s Daughters Medical Center-brookhaven).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Silver Cross Health and Rehab, Haven Hall Healthcare Center, and Golden LivingCenter - Brook Manor.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake View Golf Club, Brookhaven Country Club, and Fernwood Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Forestry Department, Forestry Department, and Brookhaven City Park.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Arlington Baptist Church, Adams United Methodist Church, and Baptist Childrens Village.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Mississippi has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,277, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,179, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,541, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,790 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,540 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,324 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.01%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bogue Chitto receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bogue Chitto has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bogue Chitto has a very sparse population density of 41.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bogue Chitto have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Bogue Chitto has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.20%.