Senior Living in Boiceville, New York
Top zip codes in Boiceville, NY: 12412
- Boiceville scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Boiceville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Kingston Hospital and Benedictine Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ten Broeck Commons, Northeast Center For Rehabilitation and Brain Injury, and Hudson Valley Senior Residence.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 48 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodstock Golf Club, Wiltwyck Golf Club, and Twaalfskill Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Kenneth L. Wilson Campground, Woodland Valley Campground, and So-Hi Campgrounds.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Gates Robert F, Abundant Life Tabernacle Upci, and Ahlstrom Albert.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $86,199, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,529, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $45,245, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.24%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boiceville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Boiceville has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Boiceville has a sparse population density of 110.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boiceville have an average daily commute time.
- Boiceville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.48%.