Senior Living in Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Boiling Springs, PA: 17007
- Boiling Springs scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Boiling Springs scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthsouth Rehabilitation, Carlisle Regional Medical Center, and Holy Spirit Hospital.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Schartner House at Carroll Village, Elmcroft of Dillsburg, and Cumberland Crossings.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 159 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Range End Country Club, Liberty Forge Golf Course, and Naval Inventory Control Point.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Western Village RV Park, Mountain Creek Camp Ground, and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Securities Commission.
- There are 79 churches in or near the city, including Otterbein United Methodist Chr, St John Evangelical Lutheran, and Mt Zion Lutheran Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 37 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.80% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $99,686, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $82,208, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,595, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.52%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boiling Springs receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Boiling Springs has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Boiling Springs has a sparse population density of 269.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boiling Springs have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Boiling Springs has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.21%.