Senior Living in Boiling Springs, South Carolina
Top zip codes in Boiling Springs, SC: 29316
- Boiling Springs scores higher than the South Carolina average of 72.
- Boiling Springs scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Spartanburg Regional Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital, and Mary Black Memorial Hospital.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wesley Court Assisted Living Community, Rosecrest, and Magnolia Place - Spartanburg.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 140 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Par 3 Course at Peach Valley Golf Course, Village Greens Golf & Country Club, and Links O\' Tryon.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Va-Du-Mar McMillan Park, Cleveland S. Harley Baseball Park, and Cunningham RV Park.
- There are 140 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Chr-Valley Falls, Boiling Springs First Bapt Chr, and First Baptist Chr-N Sprtnbrg.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 87 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.61%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,754, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,165, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,414, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $34,793 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $69,350 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,350 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.57%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boiling Springs receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Boiling Springs has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Boiling Springs has an average population density of 1,023.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boiling Springs have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Boiling Springs has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.63%.