Senior Living in Boise, Idaho
- Boise scores significantly higher than the Idaho average of 64.
- Boise scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, Idaho Elks Rehabilitation Hospital, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 87 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St. Luke\'s Rehab - Elks Sub Acute Rehab Unit, Park Center Assisted Living, and Idaho State Veterans Home Skilled Nursing - Boise.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 329 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Crane Creek Country Club, Hillcrest Country Club, and Boise Ranch Golf Course.
- There are 26 parks near the city center, including Julia Davis Park, Zoo Boise, and MK Nature Center (Idaho Fish and Game).
- There are 277 churches in or near the city, including Victory Church, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and Unitarian Universalist Fllwshp.
- There are 27 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 141 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 63 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Idaho has an average state income tax of 5.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,412, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,690, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,886, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $98,915 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $35,750 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.84%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boise receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Boise has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Boise has a dense population density of 2,092.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boise have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Boise has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.23%.