Senior Living in Bokeelia, Florida
Top zip codes in Bokeelia, FL: 33922
- Bokeelia scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Bokeelia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Cape Coral Hospital).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Omega Assisted Living Facility, Hannah\'s Heart Assisted Living, and Coral Trace Health Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 86 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (50% of residents).
- There are 82 golf courses in or around the city, including Alden Pines Country Club, South Seas Plantation Golf Links & Resort, and Coral Oaks Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Pine Island Partners LLC, Fort Myers / Pine Island KOA, and Island Bay National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church-Pine Il, Our Lady of the Miraculous Mdl, and Church of God of Prophecy.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.87% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,122, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,823, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,995, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,970 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,413 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,240 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.75%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bokeelia receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bokeelia has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bokeelia has a sparse population density of 249.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bokeelia have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bokeelia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.91%.