Senior Living in Bolivar, New York
Top zip codes in Bolivar, NY: 14715
- Bolivar scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Bolivar scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Jones Memorial Hospital and Cuba Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wellsville Manor Care Center, Highland Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Cuba Memorial Hospital .
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Evergreen Golf Course, Wellsville Country Club, and Allegheny Hills Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Breezy Point Campground and Riverhurst Park Campground).
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Friendship Church of God, Bethel Lutheran Church, and Allen W Lee.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,489, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,316, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,996, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.17%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bolivar receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bolivar has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bolivar has a very sparse population density of 63.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bolivar have an average daily commute time.
- Bolivar has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.91%.