Senior Living in Bolivar, Ohio
Top zip codes in Bolivar, OH: 44612
- Bolivar scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Bolivar scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Union Hospital and Aultman Hospital).
- There are 39 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bolivar Hennis Care Centre, The Inn at Northwood Village, and Park Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 63 golf courses in or around the city, including Wilkshire Golf Course, Union Country Club, and Zoar Village Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Fort Laurens State Memorial, Springwood Lake Camp Club, and Canton / East Sparta KOA.
- There are 57 churches in or near the city, including Schuessler Gerald G, Massillon Baptist Temple, and Rice Donald L.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,469, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,496, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,844, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.09%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bolivar receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bolivar has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bolivar has a sparse population density of 206.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bolivar have an average daily commute time.
- Bolivar has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 93.05%.