Senior Living in Bolivar, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bolivar, PA: 15923
- Bolivar scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bolivar scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Torrance State Hospital and Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Close To Home, Bethlen Hm of The Hungarian Rf, and Laurelwood Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including Champion Lakes Golf Course, Champion Lakes Golf Course, and Laurel Valley Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Pine Ridge Park, Saylor Park, and Stackhouse Park.
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Presbyterian Church, United Methodist Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,492, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,199, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,798, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bolivar receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bolivar has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Bolivar has a very sparse population density of 68.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bolivar have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bolivar has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.86%.