Senior Living in Bolivia, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Bolivia, NC: 28422
- Bolivia scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Bolivia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (J Arthur Dosher Memorial Hospital and Brunswick Community Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including UHC-Brunswick, Life, Inc., and Custom Island Homes By Ke.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Carolina National Golf Club, Carolina National Golf Club, and Oak Island Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Green Swamp Preserve, Green Oaks Campground, and Holden Beach RV Park.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including Antioch Baptist Church, Mt Olive Baptist Church, and Mill Creek Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,436, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,763, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,107, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,850 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,768 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 19.68%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bolivia receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bolivia has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bolivia has a very sparse population density of 72.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bolivia have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bolivia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.28%.