Senior Living in Bolton, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Bolton, CT: 06043
- Bolton scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Bolton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Manchester Memorial Hospital and Rockville General Hospital).
- There are 72 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Green Lodge of Manc, Crestfield Rehabilitation Center and Fenwood Manor, and Holiday Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 206 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 99 golf courses in or around the city, including Manchester Country Club, Anderson\'s Glen Course at Blackledge Country Club, and Connecticut Golf Land.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Gay City State Park, Wickham Park, and Wickham Park.
- There are 163 churches in or near the city, including Bolton Interface Housing Corp, St Maurice Church, and Bolton Congregational Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 132 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 72 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $107,587, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $93,348, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,454, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.10%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bolton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bolton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Bolton has a sparse population density of 346.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bolton have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bolton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.63%.