Senior Living in Bolton, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Bolton, MA: 01740
- Bolton scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Bolton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Clinton Hospital Association, Marlborough Hospital, and Nashoba Valley Medical Center.
- There are 82 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including River Terrace Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, Hallkeen Assisted Living - Corcoran House, and Meeting House at Stow Condominium Associate.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 272 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 138 golf courses in or around the city, including International Course at International Golf Club, The, Twin Springs Golf Course, and Berlin Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Oxbow National Wildlife Refuge, Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge, and Tower Hill Botanic Garden.
- There are 102 churches in or near the city, including First Parish of Bolton, Trinity Church, and Abbey St Benedict.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 127 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 148 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $158,187, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $137,120, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $52,282, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,091 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $131,765 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.93%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bolton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bolton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bolton has a sparse population density of 245.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bolton have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bolton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.70%.