Senior Living in Bondurant, Iowa
Top zip codes in Bondurant, IA: 50035
- Bondurant scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Bondurant scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Iowa Lutheran Hospital, Mercy Medical Center-des Moines, and Broadlawns Medical Center.
- There are 49 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Courtyard Estates at Bondurant, Altoona Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Mill-Pond Retirement Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 111 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Terrace Hills Golf Course, Otter Creek Golf Course, and Briarwood Golf Course.
- There are 31 parks near the city center, including Griffs Valley View RV Park, Chichaqua Bottoms Greenbelt, and Adventureland Campground.
- There are 225 churches in or near the city, including Bondurant Christian Church, Cross Point United Methodist, and Bondurant Christian Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 55 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.41% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,016, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,281, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,287, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,350 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,200 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.55%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bondurant receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bondurant has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bondurant has a sparse population density of 119.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bondurant have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bondurant has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.44%.