Senior Living in Bonnie, Illinois
Top zip codes in Bonnie, IL: 62816
- Bonnie scores significantly higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Bonnie scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Good Samaritan Regional Hlth Center, Crossroads Community Hospital, and Franklin Hospital.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lavender Ridge, Heritage Woods of Mt Vernon, and Nature Trail Health Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Rend Lake Golf Course(West/South Course at Rend Lake Golf Course ), Green Hills Golf Club, and Homestead Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Rend Lake Fish & Wildlife, Mount Vernon State Game Farm, and Rend Lake State Waterfowl Management Area.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Meadowbrook Christian Church, Pearce Richard A Rev, and Abundant Life Assembly of God.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,458, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,381, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,146, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.16%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bonnie receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bonnie has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bonnie has a very sparse population density of 37.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bonnie have a short daily commute time.
- Bonnie has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.18%.