Senior Living in Bono, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Bono, AR: 72416
- Bono scores significantly higher than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Bono scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Bernards Medical Center, St Bernards Medical Ctr, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ridgecrest Health and Rehabilitation, The Villas of Jonesboro, and Benedictine Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Hidden Valley Golf Course, North Hills Country Club, and Sage Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Lake Frierson State Park, Jonesboro Parks & Rec Department, and Crowley\'s Ridge State Park.
- There are 40 churches in or near the city, including Herman Baptist Church, Light Church of Christ, and Central Baptist Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 33 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,518, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,190, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,460, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,900 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $57,670 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.42%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bono receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bono has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bono has a very sparse population density of 62.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bono have a short daily commute time.
- Bono has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.94%.