Senior Living in Boody, Illinois
Top zip codes in Boody, IL: 62514
- Boody scores significantly higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Boody scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St Marys Hospital and Decatur Memorial Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fair Havens Christian Home, Decatur Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, and Imboden Creek Health Services.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 92 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Scovill Golf Club, Country Club of Decatur, and Nelson Park Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Lincoln Trail Homestead, Illinois Raptor Center, and Macon County Conservation District.
- There are 83 churches in or near the city, including Elwin United Methodist Church, First Christian Church, and Central Christian Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.28% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,238, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,917, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,108, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,153 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $73,365 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boody receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Boody has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Boody has a sparse population density of 225.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boody have a very short daily commute time.
- Boody has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.