Senior Living in Boone, Iowa
Top zip codes in Boone, IA: 50036
- Boone scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Boone scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Boone County Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Boone County Hospital, Westhaven Community, and Eastern Star Masonic Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Boone Golf & Country Club, Boone County Golf Course Recreation Area, and Veenker Memorial Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including McHose Park, Ledges State Park, and Don Williams Park.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Assembly of God Church, Church of God of Prochecy Psng, and Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.33% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,508, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,884, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,580, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,350 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,200 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.65%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boone receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Boone has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Boone has a very sparse population density of 84.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boone have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Boone has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.79%.