Senior Living in Boonsboro, Maryland
Top zip codes in Boonsboro, MD: 21713
- Boonsboro scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Boonsboro scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Washington Cnty Health System, Meritus Medical Center, and Brook Lane Health Services.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Charlotte\'s Home I, Fahrney-Keedy Memorial Home, and Reeders Memorial Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 106 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Musket Ridge Golf Club -18-Hole, Black Rock Golf Course, and Hagerstown Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Greenbrier State Park, Washington Monument State Park, and South Mountain State Park.
- There are 96 churches in or near the city, including Willow Brook Seventh-Day Chr, St James Catholic Church, and Victory Baptist Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 59 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 48 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $93,179, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,722, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,051, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,550 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $116,618 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,955 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.34%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boonsboro receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Boonsboro has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Boonsboro has a sparse population density of 225.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boonsboro have a very long daily commute time.
- Boonsboro has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.19%.