Senior Living in Boonton, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Boonton, NJ: 07005
- Boonton scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Boonton scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Clare\'s Hospital, Chilton Hospital, and Greystone Park Psych Hospital.
- There are 117 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Merry Heart, Coach and Post Rest Home, and Memory Care Living Montville.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 586 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 144 golf courses in or around the city, including Knoll Golf Club, The, Green Pond Golf Club, and Rockaway River Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Camp Dawson, Becker Park, and Norvin Green State Forest.
- There are 209 churches in or near the city, including Evangel Church of God, Our Lady of Mt Carmel Church, and Reformed Church of Boonton.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 217 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 233 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $121,984, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $92,996, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $44,227, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.46%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boonton receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Boonton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Boonton has an average population density of 813.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boonton have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Boonton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.96%.