Senior Living in Boonville, Indiana
Top zip codes in Boonville, IN: 47601
- Boonville scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Boonville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Mary\'s Warrick Hospital Inc, Women\'s Hospital The, and The Heart Hospital At Deaconess Gateway Llc.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Transcendent Healthcare North, Transcendent Healthcare of Boonville, and Woodmont Health Campus.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Boonville Country Club, Quail Crossing Golf Club, and Rolling Hills Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Scales Lake County Park).
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including Cypress Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Living Hope Community Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,086, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,241, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,815, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,670 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $84,490 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.29%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boonville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Boonville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Boonville has a sparse population density of 111.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boonville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Boonville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.85%.