Senior Living in Boonville, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Boonville, NC: 27011
- Boonville scores lower than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Boonville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Yadkin Valley Community Hospital, Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital, and Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Quality Care Senior Services, Share-A-Home Of Yadkin County, and Piedmont Village of Yadkinville.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Silo Run Golf Course, Booneville Golf Course, and Cedar Lake Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Holly Ridge Family Campground and Pioneer Village Campground).
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Boonville Baptist Church, Charity Baptist Church, and Union Grove Baptist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 34 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.92% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,241, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,806, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,886, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,150 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,820 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.01%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boonville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Boonville has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Boonville has a sparse population density of 103.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boonville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Boonville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.65%.