Senior Living in Boonville, New York
Top zip codes in Boonville, NY: 13309
- Boonville scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Boonville scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Sunset Nursing and Rehabilitation Center).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodgate Pines Golf Club, Alder Creek Golf Course & Country Inn, and Turin Highlands Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Pixley Falls, Sand Flats State Forest, and Kayuta Lake Campgrounds.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s Rectory, Boonville United Methodist Ch, and United Methodist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,621, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,324, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,957, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,040 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,938 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.44%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boonville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Boonville has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Boonville has a very sparse population density of 40.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boonville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Boonville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.51%.