Senior Living in Boothbay Harbor, Maine
Top zip codes in Boothbay Harbor, ME: 04538
- Boothbay Harbor scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Boothbay Harbor scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Andrews Hospital, St Andrews Hospital, and Mid Coast Hospital.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Gregory Wing At St. Andrews Village, Boothbay Green, and The Plant Memorial Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (50% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Boothbay Country Club, Wawenock Country Club, and Bath Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, Shore Hills Campground, and Sherwood Forest Campsite & Cabins.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including Christian Science Soc, Boothbay Baptist Church, and C E Reilly & Son.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.84% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,931, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,750, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,117, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.86%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boothbay Harbor receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Boothbay Harbor has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Boothbay Harbor has a sparse population density of 426.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boothbay Harbor have a very short daily commute time.
- Boothbay Harbor has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.91%.