Senior Living in Bossier City, Louisiana
- Bossier City scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Bossier City scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 17 hospitals within close range of the city, including Christus Schumpert Health System, A J Mullen Memorial Hospital, and Specialists Hospital Shreveport.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including NW LA Veterans Home in Bossier City, Gamble Guest Care - Pilgrim Manor , and Evergreen Life Services of Louisiana.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 281 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Champion Links, Querbes Park Golf Course, and Golf Club at StoneBridge.
- There are 23 parks near the city center, including Hooter Park, Shed Road Community Playfield, and Veterans Park.
- There are 180 churches in or near the city, including Greenacres Baptist Church, Family Worship Ctr, and Sacred Heart Church.
- There are 27 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 102 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.44% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,517, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,899, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,353, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,100 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $60,955 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,250 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $35,464 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.53%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bossier City receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bossier City has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bossier City has an average population density of 787.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bossier City have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bossier City has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.15%.