Senior Living in Boston, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Boston, KY: 40107
- Boston scores higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Boston scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Flaget Memorial Hospital (member Of Saint Joseph H and Flaget Memorial Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Signature HealthCARE at Colonial Rehab & Wellness Center, Life Care Center of Bardstown, and KentuckyOne Health - Flaget Memorial Hospital.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Cedar-Fil Golf Course, Maywood Golf Club, and Bardstown Golf Center.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including White Acres Campground, My Old Kentucky Home State Park, and Holt\'s Campground.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Abbey of Gethsemani, St Catherine Academy, and Lion of Judah House of Worship.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.80% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,269, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,243, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,877, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,990 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,958 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.53%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boston receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Boston has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Boston has a very sparse population density of 38.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boston have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Boston has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.73%.