Senior Living in Botkins, Ohio
Top zip codes in Botkins, OH: 45306
- Botkins scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Botkins scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Gardens at Wapakoneta, Wapakoneta Manor, and Auglaize Acres Nursing Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Wapakoneta Country Club, Arrowhead Golf Club, and North/West Course at Shelby Oaks Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Lakewood Village Resort, Wapakoneta KOA, and Lake Loramie State Park.
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, United Church of Christ, and Boyer Ronald C.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.39% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,159, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,786, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,439, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Botkins receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Botkins has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Botkins has a very sparse population density of 68.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Botkins have a very short daily commute time.
- Botkins has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.98%.