Senior Living in Boulder City, Nevada
Top zip codes in Boulder City, NV: 89005
- Boulder City scores significantly higher than the Nevada average of 69.
- Boulder City scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Boulder City Hospital and Saint Rose Dominican Hospital - De Lima).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mountain View Care Center, The Homestead at Boulder City, and Boulder City Hospital .
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (42% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Boulder City Municipal Golf Course, Coyote Run Course at Boulder Creek Golf Club, and Cascata.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Veterans Memorial Park, ABC Park, and Lake Mead National Recreation Area Headquarters.
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including Christian Center Foursquare, Christian Center Foursquare, and Grace Community Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.61% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nevada has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $86,977, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,722, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,108, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $95,995 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,476 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.22%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boulder City receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Boulder City has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Boulder City has a sparse population density of 122.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boulder City have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Boulder City has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.49%.