Senior Living in Boulder, Colorado
- Boulder scores significantly higher than the Colorado average of 69.
- Boulder scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Boulder Community Hospital, Centura Health-avista Adventist Hospital, and Centennial Peaks Hospital.
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Academy at Bella Vista, The Carillon at Boulder Creek, and Mesa Vista of Boulder.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 266 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Saddleback Golf Club, Boulder Country Club, and Flatirons Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Scott Carpenter Park, Central Park, and Andrews Arboretum.
- There are 66 churches in or near the city, including First Evangelical Lutheran Chr, Church of Christ, and Sacred Heart of Jesus Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 89 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 92 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.28% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.90%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Colorado has an average state income tax of 4.63%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,767, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,295, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,410, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $52,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,642 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,059 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.75%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boulder receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Boulder has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Boulder has a dense population density of 3,735.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boulder have a short daily commute time.
- Boulder has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.38%.