Senior Living in Bourg, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Bourg, LA: 70343
- Bourg scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Bourg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Leonard J Chabert Medical Center and Ochsner St Anne General Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Broadway Elder Living and Rehabilitation, Terrebonne General Medical Center, and The Suites at Sugarmill Point.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Colonial Acres Golf Course, Sugarland Country Club, and Southern Oaks Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Grand Bois Campsite, Ja Mon Rentals Camp Ground, and Recreation.
- There are 30 churches in or near the city, including St Ann\'s Catholic Church, Vision Christian Ctr, and Little Caillou Baptist Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 48 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.32% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,006, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,893, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,069, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $62,598 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $32,787 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.60%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bourg receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bourg has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bourg has a sparse population density of 190.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bourg have a long daily commute time.
- Bourg has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.64%.