Senior Living in Bovey, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Bovey, MN: 55709
- Bovey scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Bovey scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Grand Itasca Clinic And Hospital and Itasca Medical Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Edgewood Care, Home and Comfort, and Wilderness Haven Adult Foster.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Swan Lake Country Club, Eagle Ridge Golf Course, and Wendigo Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Hill Annex Mine State Park and Prairie Lake Campground LLC).
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Assemblies of God Church, Action Through Churches Togthr, and Apostolic Revival Center.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,408, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,276, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,363, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.71%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bovey receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Bovey has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bovey has a very sparse population density of 17.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bovey have an average daily commute time.
- Bovey has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.93%.