Senior Living in Bovina Center, New York
Top zip codes in Bovina Center, NY: 13740
- Bovina Center scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Bovina Center scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including O\'connor Hospital, Margaretville Memorial Hospital, and Margaretville Mem Hospital.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kirkside of Roxbury, Mountainside Residential Care, and Robinson Terrace.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (46% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Delhi College Golf Course, Hannah Country Club, and Shephard Hills Golf Course.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Dykstra Richard A, Advent Christian Church, and Price Richard L.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,948, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $38,036, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,441, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.69%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bovina Center receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bovina Center has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bovina Center has a very sparse population density of 14.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bovina Center have a very long daily commute time.
- Bovina Center has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 89.03%.