Senior Living in Bowdoin, Maine
Top zip codes in Bowdoin, ME: 04287
- Bowdoin scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- Bowdoin scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Central Maine Medical Center, St Marys Regional Medical Center, and Mid Coast Hospital.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Marshwood Center, Lamp Alzheimers Residential Care, and Sabattus Residental Care.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 108 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadows Golf Club, The, Apple Valley Golf Course, and Naval Air Station Brunswick Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Beaver Park, Augusta / Gardiner KOA, and Peacock Beach State Park.
- There are 70 churches in or near the city, including Church of Living Word, West Bowdoin Baptist Church, and Bowdoin Center Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.60% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,745, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,233, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,818, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.91%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bowdoin receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bowdoin has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bowdoin has a very sparse population density of 72.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bowdoin have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bowdoin has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.38%.