Senior Living in Bowdon, Georgia
Top zip codes in Bowdon, GA: 30108
- Bowdon scores higher than the Georgia average of 72.
- Bowdon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Tanner Medical Center - Carrollton).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Southeast Senior Management Group, Carrollton Manor , and Cottage Landing Assisted Living.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Bowdon Golf Club, Sunset Hills Country Club, and Oak Mountain Championship Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including John Tanner Park, Big Oak R V Park, and Carrollton City Office.
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including Indian Creek Baptist Church, First United Methodist Church, and Church of Christ.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,684, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,099, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,935, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.17%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bowdon receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bowdon has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bowdon has a very sparse population density of 82.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bowdon have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bowdon has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.50%.