Senior Living in Bowerston, Ohio
Top zip codes in Bowerston, OH: 44695
- Bowerston scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Bowerston scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Twin City Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bowerston Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation, Sunnyslope Skilled Nursing Care and Rehabilitation, and Consumer Support Services, Inc..
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Big Bend Golf Course, Carroll Meadows Golf Course, and Atwood Lake Resort Golf Course -The Eighteen Hole.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Tappan Lake Park, Atwood Lake Park, and Harrison State Forest.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including First Assembly of God, Christ Church of Uhrichville, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.26% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,083, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,438, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,529, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,740 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,673 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,700 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.57%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bowerston receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bowerston has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bowerston has a very sparse population density of 53.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bowerston have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bowerston has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.86%.