Senior Living in Bowersville, Ohio
Top zip codes in Bowersville, OH: 45307
- Bowersville scores significantly lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Bowersville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Cmh Regional Health System and Greene Memorial Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Liberty Nursing Centers of Jamestown, Autumn Years Nursing Center, and Martha\'s Private Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Elks 797 Golf Club, Sugar Valley Country Club, and Sebastian Hills Golf Club.
- There are no parks near the city center.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including Bowersville United Methodist, Grape Grove Church, and Jamestown Church of Christ.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.53% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $42,384, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $30,625, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,845, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,232 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,763 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.83%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bowersville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bowersville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bowersville has a dense population density of 2,112.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bowersville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bowersville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.73%.