Senior Living in Bowlus, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Bowlus, MN: 56314
- Bowlus scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Bowlus scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hyatt House of Holdingford, Harmony House of Little Falls, and St. Camillus Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Oak Hill Golf Club, Albany Golf Club, and Veterans Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Cedar Lake Memorial Park Campground, Two Rivers Campground and Tubing, and Charles A. Lindbergh State Park.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including St Anthony Church, Our Lady of Montana Carmel Church, and St Stephen Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.64% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,652, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,412, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,138, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.89%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bowlus receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Bowlus has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bowlus has a very sparse population density of 29.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bowlus have a long daily commute time.
- Bowlus has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.04%.