Senior Living in Bowmanstown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bowmanstown, PA: 18030
- Bowmanstown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bowmanstown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital and Palmerton Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Village at Palmerton, The Summit at Blue Mountain, and Pond View Manor Personal Care Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Mahoning Valley Country Club, Blue Ridge Country Club, and Woodstone Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Lehigh Gap Nature Center, Beltzville State Park, and Jim Thorpe Camping Resort.
- There are 59 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Lutheran Church, Dinkey Mem Ev Lutheran Church, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 37 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,284, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,000, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,953, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.95%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bowmanstown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bowmanstown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bowmanstown has an average population density of 1,387.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bowmanstown have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bowmanstown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.91%.