Senior Living in Boxborough, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Boxborough, MA: 01719
- Boxborough scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Boxborough scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Nashoba Valley Medical Center, Emerson Hospital, and Emerson Hospital.
- There are 82 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Life Care Center of Nashoba Valley, Meeting House at Stow Condominium Associate, and Life Care Center of Acton.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 198 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 154 golf courses in or around the city, including Shaker Hills Golf Club, Butternut Farm Golf Club, and Stow North Course at Stow Acres Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Oxbow National Wildlife Refuge, Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge, and Minute Man National Historical Park - North Bridge.
- There are 77 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Christ, Aog Systems Corp, and Congregational Church Evnglcl.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 116 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 119 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $127,181, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $103,918, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $51,159, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.78%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boxborough receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Boxborough has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Boxborough has a sparse population density of 485.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boxborough have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Boxborough has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.89%.