Senior Living in Boyce, Louisiana
Top zip codes in Boyce, LA: 71409
- Boyce scores higher than the Louisiana average of 72.
- Boyce scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Veterans Affairs Medical Ctr and Crossroads Regional Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Harding Community Home, Lexington House, LLC, and Brookdale Alexandria.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 5 golf courses in or around the city, including Oakwing Golf Club, Rapides Golf & Country Club, and Alexandria Golf & Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Hidden Treasure RV Resort, LLC, Cotile Recreation Area, and US Forestry Department.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including Second Evening Star Baptist, First Baptist Church, and Mt Zion Missionary Baptist Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.82% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.88%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Louisiana has an average state income tax of 2.68%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,134, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,378, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,716, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,880 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $62,050 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $35,464 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boyce receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Boyce has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Boyce has a very sparse population density of 51.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boyce have a long daily commute time.
- Boyce has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.67%.