Senior Living in Boyden, Iowa
Top zip codes in Boyden, IA: 51234
- Boyden scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Boyden scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Orange City Area Health System, Orange City Health System, and Sanford Sheldon Medical Center.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pleasant Acres Care Center, Sanford Sheldon Senior Care, and Cobble Creek Assisted Living of Sheldon.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Landsmeer Golf Club, Otter Valley Golf Course, and Sheldon Golf & Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Hills Park and Open Space Park Softball Field).
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including American Reformed Church, American Reformed Church, and Sheldon Church of Brethren.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.44% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,773, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,278, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,383, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.97%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boyden receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Boyden has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Boyden has a very sparse population density of 25.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boyden have a very short daily commute time.
- Boyden has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.89%.