Senior Living in Boyertown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Boyertown, PA: 19512
- Boyertown scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Boyertown scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Pottstown Memorial Med Center).
- There are 59 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Walnut Woods, Walnut Woods, and Chestnut Knoll.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 125 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 123 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue Course at Gilbertsville Golf Club, Twin Ponds Golf Club, and Ambassador Course at Hickory Valley Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Hickory Valley Golf Club, Green Lane Park, and Sunrise Mill.
- There are 117 churches in or near the city, including St Josephs Hill Lutheran Chr, Davis Daniel L, and Trinity Evangelical Cong Chr.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 64 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 71 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,654, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,480, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,121, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.51%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boyertown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Boyertown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Boyertown has a sparse population density of 391.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boyertown have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Boyertown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.64%.