Senior Living in Boyle, Mississippi
Top zip codes in Boyle, MS: 38730
- Boyle scores significantly higher than the Mississippi average of 68.
- Boyle scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Bolivar Medical Center and Bolivar Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Indywood Estate Personal Care Home, Joy Health and Rehab of Cleveland, and Bolivar Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 5 golf courses in or around the city, including Delta State University Golf Club, Cleveland Country Club, and Walter Sellers Memorial Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Maintenance Shop, Westside Trailer Park, and Cleveland Park Commission.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including First Church of Nazarene, 1St Baptist Church, and Adath Israel Congregation.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.85% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Mississippi has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,936, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,429, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,660, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,600 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,100 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,765 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.29%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 6% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boyle receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Boyle has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Boyle has a very sparse population density of 34.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boyle have a very short daily commute time.
- Boyle has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.49%.