Senior Living in Boyne City, Michigan
Top zip codes in Boyne City, MI: 49712
- Boyne City scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Boyne City scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Northern Michigan Regional Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Summertree Residential Centers, Inc. - Springridge, The Brook of Boyne City, and Grandvue Medical Care Facility.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Springbrook Golf Club, Mallard Golf Club, and Ye Nyne Olde Holles.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Young State Park, East Jordan City Tourist Park, and RIVERBEND PARK.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Agape Baptist Church, Zion Lutheran Church, and Salvation Army Thrift Store.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.25% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.09% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,663, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,449, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,433, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.17%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Boyne City receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Boyne City has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Boyne City has a sparse population density of 110.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Boyne City have a very short daily commute time.
- Boyne City has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.97%.